The Tambopata region is just 25 minutes away from Cusco by plane. Sail the Heath River to visit
the core of this reserve that protects the most species-rich natural habitats in the world (Jan
1,994 and March 2,000, National Geographic Magazine). This area is home of the Amazon´s top
predators such as anacondas, black caimans, giant otters, harpy eagles and jaguars.
Day 1. Puerto Maldonado - Monkey Island:
Upon arrival in Puerto Maldonado, you can hang around the exotic market. We sail the Madre de
Dios River (1 hour) towards Tambo Jungle Lodge. After a welcome drink, we board our boat to go
to the Monkeys Island where you can watch not only a lot of monkeys but also birds. A traditional
dinner waits at the lodge. Each night, there is a different activity such as treks or caiman spotting.
Day 2. Sandoval Lake:
While we walk through virgin forest, we watch local fauna as alligators, giant otters, taricayas
(small turtles), water birds, wild hens and lots of birds. 1 1/2 hour later we reach Sandoval Lake.
Time to board our canoe for a few hours. In the afternoon, we come back to the lodge and have
a box lunch.
Day 3. Parrot Clay Lick:
We see the sunrise on the river on our way (1 1/2 hour) to the clay wall where hundreds of
green parrots gather in the morning. Then, we come back to Puerto Maldonado where we visit
the butterfly farm before your flight to Lima or Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- All transportation and transfer
- 2 nights in Lodge
- All meals (vegetarian option)
- Water and typical natural beverages
- Breakfast (day 1), lunch (day 3)
- Air tickets to Puerto Maldonado
We recommend that you bring:
Important: Jungle activities to be determined in the place depending on weather conditions.
- Camera and films (ASA 200 and 400 for the inner forest)
- Warm clothing (in case of a cold front), long sleeve shirts and long pants (cotton) wide
brim, hat and sun glasses for sunny days
- 100% waterproof rain gear (long poncho or rain wear)
- Insect repellent (at least 50% DEET)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Hiking shoes and sandals
- Flashlight, enough batteries (alkaline) and bulbs
- Towel, swimming suit
- Personal medicines and/or supplies (liquid for contact lenses for example)
- One day pack and one backpack or duffel bag of luggage
Cost per person US$289 make reservations
Your home in the Inka's land